According to the Global Findex Database 2017, 1.7 million people in the world are unbanked, which also includes 55% of Nepal’s total population.
The majority of low income population not joining the main stream financial system is mainly due to
- Core Banking regulatory requirements which entails numerous document evidence
- Lack of financial literacy and financial product not tailored to serve the low income household
- Unavailability of financial institution close to home
- To make banking easier and accessible, IME Fintech Ecosystem strives to serve these masses and gradually upgrade them to the core financial ecosystem.
- Increasing penetration of mobile phones which makes it easier to avail financial services.
- Products are tailored made to meet the requirements of the targeted group at low cost.
- Easy accessibility of services close to home through our extensive network of agents with minimum document requirement.